Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This weekend is our Thanksgiving weekend.

I have a lot to be thankful for.  This year has been such a good year, compared to the last few years.
Jaymi has done amazing, recovering from her brain surgery last year.  She has come such a long way and worked so hard.  She is so happy and healthy this year, and I am very thankful that she is doing so well.
I am thankful for the various doctors and therapists that have worked with and for Jaymi in the past year-and-a-half.
I am thankful for my family and my wonderful friends.
I am thankful for Jaymi's amazing school and the fact that we are able to have her in that school with some fantastic teachers.
I am thankful that we are able to have Jaymi in classes that she loves, like dance.
I am thankful that we live in this beautiful city and get to enjoy the ocean and the mountains.
I am thankful that I don't have to worry about basics like food and shelter.
I am thankful that I have a strong faith in God and that he takes such good care of all of us.

We went up to my mother-in-law's house for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.
It's always nice for Jaymi to be able to spend some time with her cousin, Lucas.

Of course, it's getting more and more difficult each year, to get them to pose for a decent picture together.
;)




Their dog, Oliver, came along to dinner this time.




My mother-in-law played a few ping-pong games with Jaymi and Lucas.










And I made a couple of lemon meringue pies that everyone enjoyed (as far as I know) for dinner.

No comments: